Wednesday 28 May 2014

Preparing for Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012

Few months ago I joined Red Gate Software and I am having a lot of fun so far. We have a great team in SQL Compare and we are working hard to add support for SQL Server 2014.

I think that learning more about SQL Server is very important because a lot of Red Gate products are designed to make DBA and developers working with it in a very productive way.

This is why I decided to start the path toward becoming a MCSA on SQL Server. To be honest, as a developer, my goal is just learning more about SQL Server and not necessarily get certified. However I will use the certification materials as a clear path to increase my knowledge.

The first exam on the list is
[70-461] Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012

I know SQL and I have studied database development and design at University. However I don't know much about SQL Server specific features and the incredible power that the platform can offer. 

In order to keep me motivated I will post on my blog all the things I found interesting during my learning.

The following is a list of all the resources I will use to prepare for this exam:

It's time to write SQL :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What you think about this post? I really appreciate your constructive feedback (positive and negative) and I am looking forward to start a discussion with you on this topic.